PRP and PRFM Treatments in Princeton, NJ
If you want to rejuvenate your skin in the most natural way possible, PRP and PRFM treatments from Hazen Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa may be perfect for you. These treatments invigorate the skin by triggering cell renewal using plasma from your very own blood, so there is no risk of an adverse reaction.
What is PRP and PRFM?
Both PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and PRFM (platelet-rich fibrin matrix) are non-surgical cosmetic “blood treatments” that can be used to rejuvenate the skin. These treatments work by using platelets (which contain lots of growth factors) to stimulate skin tissue repair and regeneration, as well as new formation of collagen and elastin.
PRP and PRFM treatment details
A PRP or PRFM facial rejuvenation treatment consists of two parts: a blood draw, and then the re-administering of that blood into your face. After your blood is drawn, it will be placed within a centrifuge (a machine that spins so that the blood’s components separate).
PRP vs. PRFM
What’s the difference between PRP and PRFM?
- The way it’s extracted: PRFM is extracted in a way that is 100% natural and unmodified, while PRP’s extraction process involves additives and chemicals.
- The amount of growth factors that are produced: PRFM is able to get approximately 8 to 10 times more growth factors than PRP.
- The spin speed and type of vial that is used: A lower spin speed and angle are used for PRFM, as well as a different type of vial. This is important because it means that the wanted platelets and white blood cells are spun to the top of the vial.
- Blood flow and spreadability: PRFM creates more blood flow, which achieves more effective results than PRP, and also spreads more gradually when administered. Because of this, the body is able to use the growth factors more efficiently.
- Results: Because PRP contains blood-thinning components and PRFM doesn’t, PRFM is “active” longer. PRP is active for about one day, while PRFM is active for about one week.
- Cost: PRP treatments cost less than PRFM treatments.
Recovery and results
One of the best things about PRP and PRFM treatments is the minimal downtime. You will be able to resume your regular activities directly after your appointment.
Some patients experience soreness, bruising, itching, and/or scabs in the area that received the injections, but these are rare and subside quickly. Early results from PRP or PRFM will take about three months to see, with final results appearing at 6 to 12 months.